Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Learning To Love You More - Kat

Kat Russell

Assignment #51: Describe what to do with your body when you die. 

“I just heard some real bad news” and 
“I find it hard to tell you. . . 
but people run in circle. . .” 
as “My face turned to stone” 
so “I’ma make it easy” to 
“Hold me so tightly when we say goodbye” 
and feel the “Love from a stone” 
because “This is just how we do it around my way.” 
“I am the stone that the builder refused,” 
so “You should tell me your deepest thoughts, 
you should tell me whats bugging you.” 
I know “it’s a very very mad world” 
so feel free to use my ears to 
“Bleed the Freak” cause “I wanna pay for it. 
all this shit.” And when you’re done, 
“take off my shirt, loosen the buttons and undo my skirt” 
give them away. 
and my body? 
“Burn it up . . . like the roof is on fire” 
and learn to say: “I’ve gotten over living without you.”

Artists quoted: 
“Rhianna” 
Kanye West 
MSI 
Asheru 
Lloyd 
R. Kelly 
The-Dream 
Alice In Chains 
Michael Andrews 

Assignment #35: Ask your family to describe what you do.

Jess Russell (sister):
Ok here goes...
     At the moment I am picturing the sun coming through the window on Kat sitting at her computer desk working on an engineering assignment. Although she is diligently working, there are other things going on in this picture. She is sipping an orange juice, spiked with something nice. She is clapping her hands and stomping as she reads or thinks about her assignment. Then she stops to write. Sometimes she turns her head and talks to her fishy. Overall the assignment gets done in time, and she walks out of the room with a perfectly matching outfit. 

Susan Russell (mother): 
10% studying 
40% class 
20% sleeping 
10% eating 
15% socializing - dancing, partying 
5% shopping 

Andrew Russell (brother): 
Kate does Step in her spare time. I'm not sure what that is but it looks cool. It involves a lot of slapping, clapping, and tapping to the beat of music - as well as wearing odd neon shoes. There are Step competitions and performances, and at least one dance is in the dark. I think Kate will win them all. Also, Kate parties a lot, and goes out with machete-wielding guys with one leg.  

Kate also occasionally does schoolwork, such as making really cool art thingies. She is working to be an engineer, possibly in materials science.  Sometimes, she brings home neat and slightly toxic materials for her family to play with. Kate is super brainy and fun, and she makes a habit of enchanting my girlfriends with her wily charms, as only Kate can do. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment